jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Lab Value Results for January 25 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lab Value Results for January 25 2012

Drove to the Lost Rivers Medical Center Laboratory in Arco, Idaho this morning for my weekly labs. 

They faxed the results to me just hours later. My white blood cell count is low at 2.2 (norms 4.0-11.2) - more staying away from sick people and crowds and good hand washing always; platelets normal at 210 (norms 140-440); and hemoglobin normal at 14.5 (norms 12.0-16.0). In fact, my hemoglobin at 14.5 is as high as it has ever been since my diagnosis in May 2011.
My comprehensive metabolic panel is essentially normal. My liver enzymes (ALT/SGPT and AST/SGOT) which have been slightly increased probably due to Fragmin are normal today. My CO2 was low at 19.5 (norms 22-34) and I don't know what that means. Everything else was normal including my albumin and globulin which are good indicators that I'm eating well.

No comments:

Post a Comment