jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Weekly Blood Results and How My Week Went - February 15 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Weekly Blood Results and How My Week Went - February 15 2012

My blood remains pretty good. My white blood cells remain low at 2.8 (norms 4-11.2); platelets are slightly low at 136 (norms 140-440); hemoglobin normal at 13.3 (norms 12-16).
 My LDH is normal at 468 (norms 313-618). My liver enzyme ALT/SGPT is slightly elevated at 61 (norms 9-52) - again, I think this is because of the daily Fragmin 12,500 units that I inject daily to prevent blood clots. My serum chloride is slightly elevated at 111 (norms 98-110).
I had a bit of break through shingles on my right forearm. I took an extra famciclovir 250 mg each day for the last 4 days and the shingles have dried up. I just finished Maintenance Chemotherapy Cycle 3 of 14 days of Revlimid 10 mg  on February 13 2012. I have no chemotherapy at all for 14 days (February 14 to 26) and then on February 27 2012 I will begin Cycle 2 of the intravenous Velcade/Dex/Zometa.
I have been walking daily and have been able to make it to the Cattle Guard on the Mine Hill several times - that walk has an elevation gain of 316 feet.
Here are some geese that I saw one day against our crystal blue skies.
My hair continues to grow SLOWLY.  I continue to feel well. I get tired in the late afternoon and evening and I'm still going to bed before 9 PM!

No comments:

Post a Comment