jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Blood Results for Today and Over Time - February 22 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blood Results for Today and Over Time - February 22 2012

Had my blood drawn today and decided to make a spreadsheet of all my results since I returned to Idaho after my stem cell transplant in Colorado. I've highlighted all the abnormal results in yellow. The only value that concerns me is the LDH value of today, February 22 2012. The LDH is at 672 (norms 313-618). I've decided not to worry about it until my next blood draw which will include my multiple myeloma markers (Beta 2 Microglobulins, Immunoglobulins A, G, M, and Kappa Light Chains) on Monday, February 27 2012.

This week, my white blood cell count continues below normal at 2.1 (norms 4-11.2) and my platelets have improved this week at 172 (norms 140-440). My hemoglobin in normal at 13.5 (norms 12-16).





I continue to walk daily. I walked a total of 16.77 miles, mostly on the Mine Hill with elevation gain. 
I've not been on any chemotherapy drugs this week. However, 2 days after I finished up my last 14 days of Revlimid on 13 February 2012, I woke with a terrible spasm in my low back similar to the spasm I had in late July 2011 after a revlimid cycle. Required pain pills to get me through it and I was pretty much better in 48 hours. I hung upside down on my inversion table once which I didn't know if I should do considering that I still have the blood clot in the right atrium of my heart. I continue to have pain in the back of my left leg and "creepy legs" at night. My shingles breakout of last week has healed with the extra 250 mg of famciclovir. 

Dr. Myint at UCH has approved me getting my next cycle of Velcade (same dosage) subcutaneously vs intravenously. I hope this helps the neuropathy in my finger tips from getting any worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment