jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: VDT-PACE Day 2 Begins at 8:20 PM March 17 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Saturday, March 17, 2012

VDT-PACE Day 2 Begins at 8:20 PM March 17 2012

RN Breanne hangs my 2nd 24 hour bags of VDT-PACE chemotherapy that run in to my PICC Bard Power line in my left arm which has bruised around the insertion site and continues TENDER.
I'm retaining fluid and my face is puffy. I also have NOTHING going south in my gastrointestinal tract and despite Miralax in juice today, no results. They won't let me take my usual Phillips Tablets (500 mg  of magnesium) because my serum Magnesium is too high. I felt so nauseated and like things might go north (they brought me a bucket) and gave me IV Compazine. The compazine calmed everything down and I slept for several hours. They are going to have to give me a bomb to get my guts going again!
My other issue is the potential of a shingles eruption on my back. I have pain on the right side of my back over my kidney area VERY SIMILAR to my first shingles outbreak in 2009. Yes, I had shingles not quite two years before I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma - obviously, my immune system was warning me way back then. They have increased my famiciclovir to 500 mg three times a day - and hopefully, that will take care of it.

Finally felt well enough to eat a Taco Bell Burrito that Faye Hummel brought me and I had in the UCH refrigerator.  Couldn't eat it all, but what I did eat, it was good.




No comments:

Post a Comment