jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT - Day 65 - July 23 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, July 23, 2012

2nd ASCT - Day 65 - July 23 2012

We decided the extra swelling around my right eye warranted ANOTHER trip to the doctor. 
I had called the off-hours line at the MSTI Cancer Clinic in Twin Falls yesterday, Sunday evening, and no one called me back. So, we just left Mackay early this morning and drove the 2 1/2 hours to Twin Falls. While we were driving, Sandy from MSTI called and said I'd have to go to their ER because I could NOT be seen in their clinic today...bummer - 3 ER's in 5 days. But, I was afraid with my lack of immunity from the stem cell transplant that I could be getting a super infection.

So, to the Emergency Room we went. I was seen fairly quickly by Dr. Larsen who assured me that the swelling around my right eye was NOT cellulitis...to go home and continue taking the Augmentin. I thought they might check my blood, but they did not.
Jani went to the Twin Falls Walmart while I waited in Bart.  This shows me in the parking lot and Jani in the store - modern technology....

 While waiting for Jani in the Walmart Parking lot.
On a side note, my stomach is a LOT BETTER. I'm still waiting for Dr. Myint to call with my July 12 2012 bone marrow biopsy results.

No comments:

Post a Comment