jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT - Day 76 - August 2 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, August 2, 2012

2nd ASCT - Day 76 - August 2 2012

Hallelujah, I finally heard from my transplant coordinator today that Dr. Wolfel (cardiologist) has determined the blood clot (thrombus) in the right atrium of my heart has resolved and I DO NOT have to daily inject myself with FRAGMIN any more...Hallelujah!!!!

I've been well and happy of late. Entered my first crop of apricots from my new apricot trees planted April of 2011 in the Custer County Fair this week and earned a blue ribbon with a lavender rosette (extra merit).
Now, I'll tell you...I was the only one to enter apricots....but, I was judged against all other fruits like apples and cherries. The cherries won FIRST PLACE in the FRUITS. Below is a Shauna Nelson photo showing Jani and I watching the pig show.
My hair is growing slowly. I've been bald for 9 out of the last 14 months, so I'm used to it.
I'm still waiting for insurance approval of my continuing chemotherapy from St. Luke's Hospital MSTI, Twin Falls, Idaho. They have approval for the Velcade, but are waiting on Zolinza (vorinostat). When, they call me with an appointment, I'll start my ongoing chemotherapy. These drugs are VERY EXPENSIVE.

2 comments:

  1. Whoooaaa...that Krypolis is one expensive drug! No big surprise, though. JM, you'll have to keep all of us informed of what it's like to be on it. Congrats on the apricot victory! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't have insurance approval yet - so, we'll see. Thanks for thinking of me. jm

    ReplyDelete