jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT - Day78 - August 4 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, August 3, 2012

2nd ASCT - Day78 - August 4 2012

I've been walking 2 miles each day on the Mine Hill BLM Road which runs north and south just above the cattle guard on the Mine Hill (a rolling foothill road with a gain of 72 feet) and I even walked 2.5 miles one day. Then, yesterday, a giant forest fire broke out north of our Big Lost River Valley above Stanley (107 miles north of Mackay) and filled our narrow valley with smoke. So, I didn't walk August 3 2012 since my lungs are fragile after my 2nd autologous stem cell transplant on May 18 2012.
Well, the smoke continued today, but not quite as thick, and I decided to walk with a R-95 mask. It worked fine and I got my 2 miles in with Jani and the dogs.
 Jani and the dogs with Jonah in the background.

Dr. Padavanija's nurse called from MSTI in Twin Falls and I will start my subcutaneous Velcade chemotherapy on Wednesday, August 8 2012 along with the bone builder medicine Aredia (has to run IV for 4 hours)...so, it will be a long day. Takes 2 1/2 hours to drive to Twin Falls and I have to be there at 8:40 AM. They are still working on my oral chemotherapy approval with my insurance. I plan to drive myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment