jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT - Day 92 - August 18 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Saturday, August 18, 2012

2nd ASCT - Day 92 - August 18 2012

I walked a 5 K Race this morning - 1st ANNUAL TOP OF IDAHO Race here in Mackay, Idaho. It was chilly before the race began at 51 degrees and the air clouded with forest fire smoke. I wore my N-95 Mask the whole time. The peripheral neuropathy experienced as a burning sensation in my left foot and leg and fingers are burning and bothered me during the night - but, better this morning.
Somewhere in the 2nd mile, I could barely see the walkers in front of me. I was almost dead last, except for a gal who was walking with her 3 year old grandson.
Had to rely on the orange street markers to find the race route since I couldn't see anyone in front of me. I was walking a lot faster than I have been walking too....
Yea! Made it to the FINISH LINE in 56.50 minutes. In comparison, when I walked 3 plus miles last week on the Mine Hill, it took me 1 hour 30 minutes. Thanks Michelle Peterson for the finish photos.
 I had a terrific time and visited with a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long while.
My legs are getting stronger each day. And if this dang forest fire smoke would lift - life would be perfect. But, I'm not going to stay holed up....I have life to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment