jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT - Day 117 - September 12 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, September 13, 2012

2nd ASCT - Day 117 - September 12 2012

I got my faxed copies of my LDH and Comprehensive Chem Panel results from 4 Sept 2012. My LDH is HIGH at 661 (norms 313-618), which I'm sure is not good, but probably goes with my increased M-Spike from 0.1 to 03 drawn the same day. The University of Colorado Hospital draws LDH with each Chem Panel, but I think I've only had this LDH drawn at St. Luke's MSTI, in Twin Falls, Idaho.
In addition, as I mentioned on 4 Sept 2012, my creatinine (a measure of kidney function) was slightly elevated at 1.09 (norms 0.52-1.04). My BUN (another kidney function test was normal and the ratio (BUN/Creatinine Ratio) of the two kidney function tests was normal - so, maybe not a concern).  My GFR was normal at 

Dr. Padavanija repeated my Chem Panel  on 7 Sept 2012...and my creatinine was even HIGHER at 1.26 (norms 0.52-1.04) and my BUN was HIGH at 20 (norms 7-17). --- GOOD GOOD for me! However, the ratio between BUN/Creatinine was okay and my GFR was okay at 46. Dr. Padavanija and I wondered if I was dehydrated at the time of the blood draw.
So, on 11 Sept 2012, I tried to arrive at the blood draw hydrated when a repeat Chem Panel revealed not much improvement in my creatinine at 1.23 (norms 0.52-1.04), BUN 26 (norms  7-17) and the BUN/Creatinine Ratio slightly elevated at 21 (norms 10-20). My GFR still okay at 47.
So, perhaps my new chemo pill, Zolinza (vorinostat) which I started on 4 Sept 2012, is having a negative effect on my kidneys, but doesn't explain the slightly high creatinine on 4 Sept 2012 because my blood was drawn prior to my 1st dose of Zolinza (vorinostat). I have taken 9 days of  the 14 day course of Zolinza (vorinostat) so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment