jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT - Day 117 - September 13 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, September 13, 2012

2nd ASCT - Day 117 - September 13 2012

I kept careful track of my fluids today by using Jani's counting bottle tops (I drink Nestle's Pure Life in the 500 ml bottles). In 24 hours, I drank 9 bottles of water or 4,500 ml. That's a lot of water, but I don't think much more than I drink on an average day. 
I am thirsty especially at night and most nights down 2 bottles of water.

My weight at the beginning of the 24 hours was 151 lbs and 149.8 lbs a the end - so, I am not retaining fluids.

My mouth is cotton dry and my sense of taste is extremely altered. I can taste really salty or really sweet things, but not much in between. I'm sure this is Zolinza (vorinostat) side effect. I've been chewing sugarless gum for the dry mouth. I'm trying to decide if I can live with such an altered sense of taste and I think I can - eating for taste has never really been one of the highlights for my life - I eat when I'm hungry and I often eat the wrong things unless I have the right things pre-prepared.

I'm going to keep up the counting bottle tops until my next blood draw on Tuesday 18 Sept 2012 to make sure I'm hydrated when the blood is analyzed to evaluate my increases in creatinine and BUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment