jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT - Day 125 - September 20 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, September 20, 2012

2nd ASCT - Day 125 - September 20 2012

My tongue seems a tad less dry and my taster is working a tad better - but, not totally - as I come off of Zolinza (vorinostat). The neuropathy in my left foot and leg continues and interferes with my sleep.

Had a really busy day. When I went to check on my father (age 91), he told me that his left leg was really painful. He had an arterial stent placed in his left leg on Tuesday, 18 Sept 2012. So, I called his doctor in Blackfoot, Idaho who wanted to see Dad as soon as possible.  We drove the 85 miles to Blackfoot and checked in at Bingham Memorial Hospital for an ultrasound of his legs. We didn't have an actual appointment time, but we didn't have to wait at all! After the ultrasound, I wheeled Dad over to the David Shelley, MD (Interventional Radiologist) office across the street. Again, we did not have to WAIT and Dr. Shelley met with us. Evidently, the little sponge-like thing that was put in to prevent bleeding on 9/18 has shifted a tad and is partially occluding the stented artery - but, there is still blood flow. It takes about 3 weeks for the sponge to be reabsorbed by the body. This news relieved both Dad and I. We won't have to worry unless the pain REALLY INCREASES and/or his leg and foot go cold to the touch. So, back in Bart and heading home to Mackay!  We were only gone a total of 4 1/2 hours and 3 of those were driving.

It really was a miracle visit - no WAITING at any point! Bingham Memorial Hospital advertises that you will be seen quickly and every time we have been there - that has been the case!

Our forest fire smoke CONTINUES and prevents all out-door activities - poor Kemmer hasn't had a real walk for days!

No comments:

Post a Comment