jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Creatinine Dropping and Faye Hummel Travels Home - October 20 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Saturday, October 20, 2012

Creatinine Dropping and Faye Hummel Travels Home - October 20 2012

Up early with Faye Hummel.  A tad of new snow on the mountains this morning, but only a low of 40 degrees here in Mackay.
We went to Lost Rivers Medical Center in Arco, Idaho (30 miles) and I had my blood drawn for creatinine and BUN. Dr. Clay Smith at UCH wanted me to get intravenous fluids if my creatinine was over 1.2.  The blood draw went well with one poke and my creatinine was right at 1.2, so I did not need the intravenous fluids. I'm still sure the creatinine was-is increased from the Zolinza (vorinostat) and once it clears my system, hopefully, my kidney's won't be damaged.


I drove Faye on to the Idaho Falls Airport so she could catch her flight to Denver, Colorado.We went to Taco Bell for lunch - OUR FAVORITE and then I dropped Faye at the airport. 

I drove home (100 miles) - it was 60 degrees in the Big Lost River Valley and partly cloudy.
Highway 93 to Mackay from Darlington October 20 2012
It has been a whirlwind week with a lot of driving, lots of tests, and I'm glad to be HOME. Thankfully, I have such good friends to help me!  I did laundry and didn't need a nadir (nap).
My trees still have their leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment