jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Nothing is Going Easy - October 25 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nothing is Going Easy - October 25 2012

I've had calls from St. Luke's Hospital MSTI nurses, my insurance Case Manager, and Curascript - but, I still don't have approval for the Carfilzomib. The Revlimid is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow - we'll see~ And no news from the Mayo Clinic Scottsdale for the 2nd opinion yet either.

My 91 year old father was complaining of pain in his right leg below the arterial stents he had placed, so we called his doctor in Blackfoot, Idaho at Bingham Memorial Hospital. He ordered an ultrasound, so I drove my father the 90 miles to Blackfoot. After the scan we headed home through a HAIL storm on the desert of all things. Once we got into the Big Lost River Valley on Highway 93, it looked like we might go through a squall - but missed it.
My father's doctor called and said all was okay with the scan for now, but may need some intervention in the future. We didn't get home until after 6 PM - way past both my father's and my bedtimes - HA.

1 comment:

  1. Could you go ahead and purchase the Carfilzomib out of your own pocket and then be reimbursed by your insurance company?
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete