jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Cycle 2 Week 1 Day 2 Carfilzomib and Dex - November 28 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cycle 2 Week 1 Day 2 Carfilzomib and Dex - November 28 2012

I had a slight headache during the night which I attributed to the intravenous aredia (bone building medication) that I received yesterday. I took 500 mg of Tylenol twice during the night and seemed better by the time I arrived at the Infusion Area for my 7:30 AM appointment.

My IV started yesterday and heparin-locked overnight was still working - YEA! I received my carfilzomib (dosage 27 metered-squared).
 I wore a mask because some of the staff have colds right now.
I was on my way back home in Mackay within an hour. I felt fine during the 2 1/2 hour drive.

Stopped in to visit my father for a few minutes and did his dishes - he is fine.

Ron brought stinky-skunk-smelling Kemmer over to my house. He put some of the Nature's Made Skunk Off on her that I bought in Twin Falls. I'll have to work on her tomorrow when I have more energy.

I had some lunch, became one-with-my-sofa and slept for several hours. Woke with a pretty good headache, creepy legs, and aches which I, again, attributed to the aredia I received yesterday. I finally took a Claritin - WHICH I SHOULD HAVE TAKE yesterday when I got the aredia. My history with zometa and aredia has ALWAYS resulted in headache and aches and Claritin has always helped - what was I thinking?

I slept again and woke around 6 PM without the headache and feeling pretty well. At bedtime, I remembered to take my Revlimid 10 mg (Day 2 or 21) and gave myself my Fragmin injection 15,000 units.

1 comment:

  1. Judy...have you tried tomato juice on Kemmer. That's what I always used on my dog when he got sprayed by a skunk and it worked like a charm. - Marsha

    ReplyDelete