jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Cycle 2 Week 2 Day 1 Carfilzomib and Dex - December 3 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cycle 2 Week 2 Day 1 Carfilzomib and Dex - December 3 2012

I woke with sinus infection on the left side of my head and cold symptoms (runny nose, sore throat, but no fever). I took Augmentin last night and will continue today. I took 1/2 Imodium because Augmentin always gets my guts going south fast.

Bart skated across the Craters of the Moon this morning (icy roads for 45 miles or so) to St. Luke's Hospital MSTI in Twin Falls.

The Augmentin - Revlimid combination really got things moving south QUICKLY and I barely made it to a gas station bathroom. Then, I took another 1/2 Imodium. Imodium really DRIES my mouth out.

Had my blood drawn, but there was mix-up on what tests were ordered, so I had to WAIT for the Comprehensive Chem Panel. I was there 2 1/2 hours before the labs were back and RN Letia started my IV. 

My cbc (complete blood count) was better than I thought it would be. White blood cell count was up to 3.5 (norms 4.5-11) from 1.9 on 30 Nov 2012. Hemoglobin was low, but good for me at 11 (norms 12-15); and my platelets were down to 87 (norms 140-440) from 108 on 30 Nov 2012.


My kidney function tests were NOT ALL normal this week, but close. Creatinine was 1.09 (norms 0.52-1.04); BUN normal at 14 (norms 7-17); BUN/Creatinine Ratio normal at 13 (norms 10-20); and GFR abnormal at 54 (norm is greater than 60).

I received my Cycle 2, Week 2, Day 1 Carfilzomib (27 metered square dosage); and 20 mg of intravenous dex. I think the dex helped my sore throat...I was at the Infusion Center for 4 hours...needed to take a chill pill....

No comments:

Post a Comment