Bone Marrow Biopsy History:
- 24 May 2011 (Diagnosis, Dr. Moore in Ft. Collins, Colorado; traditional trocar)
- 20 Aug 2011 (1st at UCH with Glen, NP; traditional trocar)
- 1 Sept 2011 (Karley, NP, UCH, traditional trocar)
- 2 Nov 2011 (Karley, NP, UCH, tradition trocar)
- 9 Mar 2012 (Karley, NP and 1st with OnControl Driver, UCH)
- 3 May 2012 (Shannon, NP with OnControl Driver, UCH)
- 12 July 2012 (Trish, NP with OnControl Driver UCH)
- 17 Oct 2012 (Angela, NP with OnControl Driver UCH)
- 20 Dec 2012 (Kirk Peterson, MD, St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar
- 20 Feb 2013 (Kirk Peterson, MD, St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar
- 26 Apr 2013 (John Gray, MD, St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar
Checked in the Cancer Center to have my Bard Power Port accessed and a CBC (complete blood count) drawn. RN Rhonda took good care of me. I saw RN Kenadi (Dr. Padavanija's nurse) and asked her to ask Dr. Padavanija if my platelets were greater than 50, if I could re-start Pomalidomide and they decided I could at 2 mg daily, but she wanted me to know that my myeloma was progressing and she didn't think it work. Turned out to be a non-issue since my platelets were only 39.
My IgG on 23 Apr 2013 continues to soar upward to 1,701 (up from 1,247 in less than a week). My IgG at diagnosis was 3,422 (24 may 2011).
My M-Spike also continues increase to 1.3 on 23 Apr 2013 from 0.8 (norms ZERO) on 16 Apr 2013. My M-Spike at diagnosis was 3.0 (24 May 2011).
My white blood cell count is way up, but still low to 4.0 (norms 4.5-11); ANC (absolute neutrophil count) is NORMAL at 2.83 (norms 1.9-8.8), so no mask this week!; hemoglobin low at 9.7 (norms 140-440); and platelets STILL MISERABLY LOW at 39 (norms 140-440).
We walked over and checked in to Interventional Radiology for my 11th bone marrow biopsy. I had RN Shanna an she works knowledgeable and "HAPPY" so, it was great. Pathologist, John Gray, MD came to do my bone marrow biopsy. They let Lana watch.
After the bone marrow biopsy procedure, Lana drove me home to Mackay. I didn't feel as drugged as I have in the past and we chatted away the whole way even though I received a little more Fentanyl and Versed (conscious sedation intravenous drugs) than I have in the past.
I do have quite a bit of post-procedure pain a the site on the left side with pain radiating down the back of my left leg - WHICH BETTER BE TEMPORARY!!!!! I decided to take my Saturday 10 mg Dex dose tonight to decrease any inflammation around the bone marrow biopsy site. It helped some.
Now, I just have to wait until 9 May 2013 for the bone marrow biopsy results AND, hopefully, come up with some kind of chemo plan to beat the myeloma down again - may only be wishful thinking on my part. I'm going to guess that my plasma cell percentage (myeloma cancer) in my bone marrow today will be at 85 percent (my plasma cell percentage on diagnosis was 80 percent on 24 May 2011). It was at 63 percent on 20 Feb 2013 - just 2 months ago.
I'll be getting my CBC checked next on 2 May 2013.
Lana had me home in Mackay by 2:30 PM and Dianne brought Kemmer home. Dianne was lucky this evening and saw a bull moose on her walk right here in town.