jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Relapsed High-Risk Myeloma - Update - June 1 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Saturday, June 1, 2013

Relapsed High-Risk Myeloma - Update - June 1 2013

Sleeping better on a nightly Xanax 1 mg. However, my left leg neuropathy extends upward to my left groin from my left foot and I ended up taking a WHOLE pain pill which made me dizzy. I know better than taking a "whole Percocet pill" and should only take 1/2 to 1/4 of the pill. I still have mild neuropathy, rated about 2 on a 1-10 scale extending my left foot to my left groin. I'm still swollen like the Michelin-Tire-Girl, especially my guts. Still need twice daily Prilosec, and twice daily Zantac.

The eye discoloration deal in my right eye continues from the bottom of my right pupil and moves up and down. It looks similar to the shape of "Africa" and lost the tail it initially had. It was diagnosed as a "floater", but I do not think it is a floater. When I look through both eyes at the same time, I do NOT see it. However, I can see it ALWAYS when I look through my right eye.

Even though my most recent platelet count was just 31 on 28 May 2013 and I was advised by Clay Smith, MD (Oncologist at the University of Colorado Hospital) NOT TO RIDE MY 4-WHEELER until my platelet count was at least 60 (norms 140-440) - I RODE IT TODAY, 1 Jun 2013! I have to live my life OFF THE SOFA some of the time!
 Kemmer LOVES to ride the 4-wheeler with me!
 Judy and Kemmer, Jani and Zoe, and Jeff who has 2 cats at home, but no dog!
 Judy and Kemmer Malkiewicz with Mt. McCaleb in the background 1 Jun 2013.

 Kemmer's best smile!


Judy and Kemmer with Jani and Zoe on the 4-wheelers on the off ramp of the big truck scales in Mackay, Idaho off Stockman Drive. We got home and I was tired, but I don't think I started any bleeding anywhere on my body. We stayed on flat, paved, roads, so it wasn't much different  that driving Jonah (1990 Honda Passport) that I get the mail in each day.

My sister-in-law, Carol and Jani took on a sewing project to make an upholstered cover for the foam in the back of Jani's truck for dogs. Carol is an expert sewer and easily figured out my sewing machine that neither Jani nor I know how to run.




1 comment:

  1. Glad you got out on your 4 wheeler, you are right in saying that you have to live your life!!!!
    I love looking at your photos with the beautiful dogs and gorgeous scenery.
    Regards
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete