Had my labs drawn from my Bard Power Port as soon as we arrived just after 7 AM in the MSTI Infusion Center. Drew CBC, Chem Panel, LDH, and SPEP.
Then off to Interventional Radiology for my 12th bone marrow biopsy since diagnosis (24 May 2011).
Bone Marrow Biopsy History:
- 24 May 2011 (Diagnosis, Dr. Moore in Ft. Collins, Colorado; traditional trocar)
- 20 Aug 2011 (1st at UCH with Glen, NP; traditional trocar)
- 1 Sept 2011 (Karley, NP, UCH, traditional trocar)
- 2 Nov 2011 (Karley, NP, UCH, tradition trocar)
- 9 Mar 2012 (Karley, NP and 1st with OnControl Driver, UCH)
- 3 May 2012 (Shannon, NP with OnControl Driver, UCH)
- 12 July 2012 (Trish, NP with OnControl Driver UCH)
- 17 Oct 2012 (Angela, NP with OnControl Driver UCH)
- 20 Dec 2012 (Kirk Peterson, MD, St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar
- 20 Feb 2013 (Kirk Peterson, MD, St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar
- 26 Apr 2013 (John Gray, MD, St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar
- 26 Jun 2013 (Kirk Peterson, MD. St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar
RN Mendi was there to greet Jani and I. My tongue was so DRY and STUCK to the roof of my mouth from being NPO (nothing by mouth) since midnight that it was difficult to articulate.
My CBC and Chem Panel results came back and and were all LOW. White blood cell count low at 1.8 (norms 4.5-11); ANC (absolute neutrophil count) low at 1.18 (norms 1.90-8.8); platelets LOW at 28 (norms 140-440); and hemoglobin REALLY LOW at 7.3 (norms 12-16) - no wonder I was out of breath with the walk from the parking lot to the hospital.
My LDH was 1040 which was down from 1349 (norms 313-618) which I'll take as a good sign!
My SPEP results will take a week, although, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get my M-Spike result by this Friday, 28 Jun 2013.
My Chem Panel wasn't too bad, still showing mild kidney failure with a creatinine of 1.09 (norms 0.52-1.04); BUN 18 (norms 7-17) and GFR 54 (norm greater than 60).
Kirk Peterson, MD Pathology decided to do the bone marrow biopsy first under conscious sedation (5 mg Versed and 100 mg Fentanyl).
Then send me back to MSTI Infusion Center via a wheelchair for 2 units of packed red blood cells transfusion and 10 mg of lasix. I was drugged from the conscious sedation and napped off and on while I got my blood. The 10 mg of lasix helped to reduce my "michelin tire look".
I'm pretty sure my left frontal sinus infection is back, so the nurse called Dr. Padavanija and got a Z-Pack prescription for me which I'll start tomorrow.
Jani went shopping with a long list at several stores.
We left Twin Falls at 3:45 PM. I felt AWFUL...every bone in my body stiff, headache, terrible burning gastritis, and sleepy. It was a Dex 10 mg day and I hadn't taken it until I got home. As much as the Dex swells me up - it does help my aches and pains. Plus Dex actually treats myeloma. Went to bed feeling ROTTEN ROTTEN...Jani checked on me several times.
My GI tract is in the rapidly south mode and I took some Imodium.
History of All Blood Transfusions Since Diagnosis May 24 2011
- Jun 26 2013 (2 units)
- Jun 11 2013 (1 unit)
- May 14 2013 (2 units)
- May 7 2013
- Apr 19 2013
- Apr 10 2013
- May 16 2012 (2 units)
- April 2 2012 (2 units)
- Sept 22 2011 (2 units)
- Sept 7 2011 (2 units)