jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update July 25 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, July 25, 2013

Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update July 25 2013

Up early and off we go in Bart to St. Luke's Hospital in Twin Falls arriving for our 9:40 AM appointment.

My blood draw results: WBC 2.4 (norms 4.5-11); ANC 1.23 (norms 1.9-8.8); hemoglobin 9.8 (norms 12-15); and platelets 37 - YES YOUR ARE READING CORRECTLY - 37. Don't know how that happened, but I did get a platelet transfusion on 23 July 2013 and those platelets may be hanging around....

My LDH has soared upward again to 2731 (norms 313-618), so that's no good.

I received my intravenous carfilzomib and po (by mouth) pomolidamide, and 10 mg Dex orally. The carfilzomib requires pre and post intravenous fluids. So, we didn't depart St. Luke's until nearly 2 PM.

The Olsen's are watching our dogs for us. Alex is playing with the crutches and his cousin, Kenley looks on with Zoe who loves little boys and children, in general.
Tucker Olsen and Zoe greet.
Jani and I went to Walgreens to get a prescription. And then we checked in to a new motel.
Jani went out for Wendy's and I had a TERRIBLE CASE of the ZAPS (everything going SOUTH QUICKLY in LARGE amounts FREQUENTLY. Fortunately, I had some extra clothes, but I called Jani and she went to the store for MORE SUPPLIES. Sure glad I had a caregiver today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment