jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update July 26 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, July 26, 2013

Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update July 26 2013

Slept pretty well in the motel - but, I had taken 2 1/2 Imodium which makes me tired. Unfortunately, I had a tad of bleeding from the back of my throat and rectal area. They are sending me home with stool sampling materials - oh joy ~

Arrived at St. Luke's Hospital MSTI for our 8:20 AM appointment. They decided to draw a CBC and a CHEM Panel and we had to wait for those results and then a consult via the RN from Dr. Padavanija who was seeing clinic patients on whether I could receive my carfilzomid chemo today...this took a long time and Jani left to find breakfast somewhere.

My white blood cell count has dropped to 1.7 (norms 4.5-11); ANC to below 1.0 to 0.66 which is not good and might have held my carfilzomib chemo; my hemoglobin dropped to 8.6 and I could have had a red blood cell transfusion, but decided against it for now. MY platelets dropped from 37 of yesterday to 21 today and they said I could have more platelets if I wanted them too, but I didn't want to wait around all day for that either, so declined.

My chem panel was essentialy normal and my mild kidney failure, if all, is MILD.


I go to Lost Rivers Medical Center Lab on 30 July 2013 and will get my blood tested. Depending on the results,  I will probably need both red blood cells and platelets on that day at St. Luke's in Twin Falls - but, at least, we'll be prepared to wait that day.  If I decide to stop the transfusions, it probably would not  take long for me to die.

My brain is cloudy at times which I attribute to the anti-nausea medication Kytril...but, I'm still able to blog and do my ancestry stuff.

1 comment:

  1. do not stop the transfusions you keep fighting a lot of people praying to there god for you today no hope tomorrow a cure you fight fight fight with all your might. Joe

    ReplyDelete