Arrived at St. Luke's Hospital MSTI for our 8:20 AM appointment. They decided to draw a CBC and a CHEM Panel and we had to wait for those results and then a consult via the RN from Dr. Padavanija who was seeing clinic patients on whether I could receive my carfilzomid chemo today...this took a long time and Jani left to find breakfast somewhere.
My white blood cell count has dropped to 1.7 (norms 4.5-11); ANC to below 1.0 to 0.66 which is not good and might have held my carfilzomib chemo; my hemoglobin dropped to 8.6 and I could have had a red blood cell transfusion, but decided against it for now. MY platelets dropped from 37 of yesterday to 21 today and they said I could have more platelets if I wanted them too, but I didn't want to wait around all day for that either, so declined.
|My chem panel was essentialy normal and my mild kidney failure, if all, is MILD.|
My brain is cloudy at times which I attribute to the anti-nausea medication Kytril...but, I'm still able to blog and do my ancestry stuff.