jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: EGD (Swallow the Camera Test) May 20 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, May 20, 2011

EGD (Swallow the Camera Test) May 20 2011

I was only able to get an appointment right away for an EGD at the Harmony Gastrointestinal Center because one of my nursing friends' significant other is a doctor in the practice. Their practice is quite busy and unless the procedure is a medical emergency, a person might have to wait a couple of weeks to get an appointment. At any rate, knowing someone helped in my case and I had the EGD (swallow the camera test) under conscious sedation on Friday, May 20 2011 by Dr. Joseph X. Jenkins.
My sister, Jani, took me to the EDG appointment. The anesthesiologist, Kimberlee Olson, MD started an IV on the first poke after numbing it with xylocaine (SO NICE!).
before the procedure.
I discussed with Dr. Olsen that I had a problem with Diprivan anesthetic (my heart stopped 3 times during a sinus surgery with Diprivan). She said they would use Fentyl and Versed instead.

I know, I look way too HAPPY!
After the procedure.
The EGD test came back normal and no source of blood loss was located. You get the results immediately on discharge.


No comments:

Post a Comment