jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Dr. Moore, Hematology/Oncology Calls Me at 7:45 AM May 23 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, May 23, 2011

Dr. Moore, Hematology/Oncology Calls Me at 7:45 AM May 23 2011

Dr. Moore called me and confirmed to his surprise that my blood workup revealed multiple myeloma. I talked to my former boss, Sandy Baird, who was diagnosed and treated for multiple myeloma 12 years ago and her experience gives me a a lot of hope. She relapsed recently, but will begin treatments again next week.

He ordered a skeletal survey and I went to the Imaging Center at Harmony to have the series of 16 head-to-toe x-rays.
Note the new diagnosis: Multiple Myeloma without achieving remission 
The technician at the Imaging Center was so nice to me and the 16 x-rays didn't take very long at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment