jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Refilling Revlimid Prescription July 13 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Refilling Revlimid Prescription July 13 2011

I've spent more than a couple of hours on the phone sorting out how to have my Revlimid prescription refilled. On Monday, July 11 2011, I called the pharmacy that provided my first prescription of Revlimid and they indicated that they needed Dr. Moore to call in the prescription. I notified Dr. Moore and he immediately had his nurse call in the prescription.

The next day the pharmacy called me to tell me that my medical insurance would prefer I use another pharmacy for my Revlimid. So, I called that pharmacy and went through a LONG and DETAILED initial sign-up over the telephone. A nurse coordinator from the pharmacy called me today and we went through my entire medical history. Arranged to have the refilled Revlimid prescription sent to me tomorrow via FedEx. Someone has to be home to sign for it.

Then, I got an automated call that there was a problem with tomorrow's delivery and to call them back. I called again the average wait time before real person answers has been 10 minutes or so. This time, they said they had confirmed that I had completed the Cell Gene Customer Care Survey for Revlimid which I did on June 16 2011. The Cell Gene Customer Care Survey has to be completed every 6 months to ensure that I will not become pregnant or let anyone, especially pregnant females touch the Revlimid. Revlimid is a form or thalidomide which has been shown to cause significant birth defects! The confirmation was made and the scheduled delivery is for tomorrow.

The whole point of this post is that it "complicated" to work through the system and I wonder how older folks or folks not feeling that well negotiate the system~

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this silly run around, happens every month!

    No choice but to get used to it.

    It does get a little better.

    Which remind me to call in my order!

    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jm,
    Of course I know that you need to follow the advice of your doctor. With that said let me share this with you. My husband Glen also has reacted to both Revlimid and Thalomid. His doctor has him taking 12 hour zirtec in the morning followed by benedryl at night if needed. At present he is post SCT and is waiting appoval for a second. Good luck to you with yours.
    Keep Strong,
    Vannette

    ReplyDelete