jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 50 - Bone Marrow Biopsy Number 4 - November 2 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 50 - Bone Marrow Biopsy Number 4 - November 2 2011

We checked in for my bone marrow biopsy at noon. Hank, the medical technician, came for me early. The pre-medication of liquid morphine and ativan didn't seem to be doing anything for me - but, I was brave. UCH doesn't use conscious sedation for bone marrow aspirations because they don't want to have to recover you afterwards.
The procedure is uncomfortable and painful at times. I'm just glad it is over. They were able to get a good sample.
 I still think the bone marrow samples look like tiny Shay Railroad spikes.
I won't have the results of the bone marrow biopsy with cytogenetics until next Wednesday, November 9 2011.  Below, Hank and I after the bone marrow biopsy procedure, November 1 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment