jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 79 - Bone Marrow Biopsy Pathology Report from November 2 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 79 - Bone Marrow Biopsy Pathology Report from November 2 2011

I finally got my surgical pathology results from my bone marrow biopsy done on November 2 2011. Even though it indicates that I have less than 1 percent residual plasma cell myeloma, I'm still considered in complete remission. This is the nature of multiple myeloma - extremely hard to eradicate. The stem cell transplant was just a treatment and not a cure. This is why I'll be on maintenance chemotherapy for at least the next 3 years. My maintenance chemotherapy will consist of Revlimid 10 mg by mouth 14 days on and 14 days off each month and Velcade intravenously 1 mg/metered squared once a week for 4 weeks and 8 weeks off - then cycling again with 4 weeks on and 8 weeks off.


No comments:

Post a Comment