jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 80 - Bummer News - December 2 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 80 - Bummer News - December 2 2011

My UCH Nurse Coordinator just called with the results of my echocardiogram done yesterday. The large blood clot in my heart has reduced in size by 2/3rds since it was discovered November 2 2011. The inside measurements of the right atrium of my heart are 4 x 4 cm. The clot was originally 1.3 x 2.7 cm - so in proportion to the size of my atrium - it was big.

In light of the continuing clot, albeit much smaller, they want me to stay locally here in Colorado for another month before I travel home to Idaho - bummer for me!  But, I've been gone for so long now (since May 10 2011), what's another month???

They want me to start my maintenance Velcade/Dex chemotherapy at UCH next week and they are ordering my Revlimid 10 mg to be delivered here in Greeley, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment