jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT - Day 11 - No Question About It - I Have Engrafted! May 29 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2nd ASCT - Day 11 - No Question About It - I Have Engrafted! May 29 2012

Today is Day 11 after transplant and Day 19 of this hospitalization. 


I continue to have a terrible headache and do not feel like blogging. However, I wanted to get the word out that I have engrafted after my 2nd Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT).
On May 28 2012
4 AM WBC 0.7; ANC 0.5
4 PM WBC 1.4; ANC 1.2
On May 29 2012
4 AM WBC 3.6; ANC 3.3
4 PM WBC 4.7; ANC 4.3 (because my counts are so high, I did not receive neupogen today - hopefully, that will help with my headache. Yet, I still have a headache.


I just need one more blood draw on May 30 2012 with a high WBC and ANC and it will be official that I have Engrafted.


Lindsey McMenimen, RN came to do the discharge teaching with Jani and I. I will be discharged about 2 PM tomorrow, May 30 2012 to the hotel near the hospital. Will be nearly 80 degrees outside and Jani brought my shorts for me wear! ~


Tomorrow, Katie, the nutritionist will come to teach us the diet restrictions post ASCT. 
 Jani designed and ordered a new Mackay, Idaho TShirt for me. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are engrafted and intending your headache is going away now!

    ReplyDelete