jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT - Day 113 - September 9 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, September 10, 2012

2nd ASCT - Day 113 - September 9 2012

On the myeloma side, the neuropathy in my left leg is maybe getting worse and keeps me awake at night. It seems to be radiating up my leg more - even to the groin. Begins on the bottom of my foot like I stepped on a hot iron and travels up just the back of my calf to the back of my knee - and last night to the right inside groin area. I also have thrush in my mouth and continue to take fluconazole which is helping.

Had a nice steep walk this morning on the Mine Hill with Kemmer. 
I misgauged how long it would take me to get in camera focus via the timer that I use each day without falling down and had to do the photo shoot twice :)

On the way down from the 2.40 mile hike, we met up good friend, Dianne Layne Parker again (our grandmothers were long friends). Click on the photo below to enlarge, so you can see Dianne making the ascent to the BLM Road South ridge. It is hard to judge distances in this wide open country.
My new gate closure today ala Ron. It is first-class. We had to enlarge the gate opening earlier in the summer to allow for a mower to fit through.

And my new rain gauge - not that it is going to rain - but we NEED RAIN - so, it might help to have a gauge up. The wind was blowing this afternoon from the south, so the forest fire smoke up north was hardly noticeable.
Friends gave me fresh garden produce today - yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment