jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Cycle 2 Week 3 Day 1 Carfilzomib and Dex - December 11 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cycle 2 Week 3 Day 1 Carfilzomib and Dex - December 11 2012

Drove to Twin Falls, Idaho with the first hour or so in darkness - watched for deer, but didn't see any. Did get hit by flying rocks from a truck and Bart's windshield took another hit. Arrived feeling very tired.

Had my blood drawn without any problems. My cbc (complete blood count) values were all low, but okay. White blood cell count 3.1 (norms 4.5-11). Hemoglobin was low at 10.6 (norms 12-15); and my platelets were 86 (norms 140-440). My Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) was 1.95 (norms 1.9-8.8), so that was good. The ANC value is used to evaluate how much isolation from other you need.
My LDH was way down from a  previous 867 (norms 313-618) on 27 Nov 2012 to 529 today. I'll take this as a good sign...
My kidney function tests were again, NOT ALL normal this week, but close. Creatinine was 1.07 (norms 0.52-1.04); BUN normal at 10 (norms 7-17); BUN/Creatinine Ratio normal 9 (norms 10-20); and GFR abnormal at 55 (norm is greater than 60).

One liver function test was a tad off today, ALT at 56 (norms 9-52).


Once back in the Infusion Area, I was glad to have the recliner to rest in. The nurses had trouble starting an IV on me - not their fault...my veins have just been overused and are small. After 3 pokes, we got one going. We are ALL anxious to have the port placed in my chest on 20 Dec 2012.

They hung my 20 mg of intravenous dex and I almost INSTANTLY felt BETTER and STRONGER. After a full week of feeling weary, I felt like my old self to some degree. Got my carfilzomib 27 metered square dosage.

Left St. Luke's Hospital and went to the Safelite place in Twin Falls to have Bart's windshield chips repaired.  My car insurance pays for this and I have a feeling that I'll be BACK - almost impossible to drive from Mackay to Twin Falls without encountering at least 20 or more large hay hauling, manure hauling, and other trucks.

Went to Taco Bell and checked into my motel for the night. Had a nice nadir and went to bed early.


No comments:

Post a Comment