jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Chemotherapy Day 2 of Cycle 1 - Velcade June 16 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chemotherapy Day 2 of Cycle 1 - Velcade June 16 2011

Came to Dr. Moore's office for my second Chemotherapy Day of Cycle 1 - Aloxi,  Decadron, and Velcade.

We look like the traveling circus - Jani fills the little cooler filled with snacks and drinks, her backpack with lots of stuff and extra clothing, a bag with a blanklet and pillow for me at chemotherapy, my laptop, our iPhones, and my camera.
I had to have my blood drawn first at the lab across the way from Dr. Moore's office. I swear they are going to bleed me dry!

My CBC results over the last month May 18 2011 to June 16 2011
I didn't want them to use my port because it is so painful.

So, one attempt at a peripheral (arm) IV was made without success.

Dr. Moore asked the oncology nurses to evaluate my port this morning. All 3 oncology nurses (Nurse Alison, Nurse Robin, and Nurse Diane) looked at my new port site and decided that the redness may be due to the steri-strips (tape) over the small incision - so, Nurse Diane pulled those off.
She talked me in to letting her use the port for the chemotherapy today. Putting the Huber needle through was painful, but not that bad - yet, the whole port hurts on my right chest wall beneath my collar bone.
I had the Velcade chemotherapy, Aloxi (long-acting acting-nausea), and Decadron (steroid) thorugh my port.
We were there through lunch and Jani made us turkey sandwiches. I felt better today and didn't not have a fever or chills. Perhaps the Decadron (steroid) accounts for that - or maybe my reaction yesterday was from the Zometa (bone building medication).

No comments:

Post a Comment