jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Dr. Moore Appointment and PET Scan Result June 13 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, June 13, 2011

Dr. Moore Appointment and PET Scan Result June 13 2011

We saw Dr. James Moore before my 1st chemotherapy infusion. I really like Dr. Moore and he always gives us all the time we need to have our questions answered. He never acts rushed and thoughtfully provides responses to our inquiries.

We told him how prepared we were with Bart and the cooler of food and he said he liked that because he was an Eagle Scout - I liked that about him!

I asked Dr. Moore to look in my right eye because it felt like it had something in it ever since we left post-op for the port placement. He looked and could not find anything. Jani had some eye drops and we put those in a couple of times which helped.
Dr. Moore asked me today about my emotional health and I told him I was fine. He wondered since the poor chromosomal studies (cytogenetics) were mostly the topic of my last visit with him. I told him I was going to see Dr. Myint at the University of Colorado Bone Marrow Transplant Clinic on Wednesday and he was pleased at how quickly his office had gotten me an appointment there. Dr. Moore thinks I have had multiple myeloma for some time.

Despite not wanting to take aspirin because of my prior history of a peptic ulcer, he wants me to give 81 mg enteric coated baby aspirin (ASA) by mouth a try. I will need to thin my blood when I  start on the chemotherapy agent, Revlimid, because it can cause deep vein thrombosis and/or pulmonary embolus.

Dr. Moore gave me a referral prescription to the Rocky Mountain Cancer Rehab Center at the University of Northern Colorado for an individualized exercise program to combat fatigue with my cancer and chemotherapy.

Dr. Moore gave me the results of my PET Imaging that I had done on June 9 2011. Perfectly Normal.
Dr. Moore explained that the dark area on my brain were from using my brain and the other dark area are normally seen in the kidney's and the bladder.


The radiologist who read my PET Scan was Peter D. Koplyay, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment