jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Intravenous access port surgical implant day Pre-Operative Talk with Dr. Pettine June 13 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, June 13, 2011

Intravenous access port surgical implant day Pre-Operative Talk with Dr. Pettine June 13 2011

My surgeon, Stefan Pettine, MD came in and we discussed the placement of the implanted port in my right chest beneath my collar bone. He made a small mark on my right collar bone so everyone in the Operating Room (OR) would know the location.
Dr. Stefan Pettine and jm June 13 2011 Pre-operative.

Soon the Operating Room Nurse came and got me for the procedure.
Signing the consent form June 13 2011

They will be taking an x-ray of my port once it is inserted to check placement which will look something like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment