jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: My Gift to Dr. Moore - a Shay Railroad Spike from Mackay, Idaho June 6 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, June 6, 2011

My Gift to Dr. Moore - a Shay Railroad Spike from Mackay, Idaho June 6 2011

After my bone marrow biopsy on May 24, 2011, I was struck by how much the bone marrow sample looked exactly like a Shay railroad spike. The former Shay Railroad ran above Mackay, Idaho in the White Knob Mountains. The tracks were put down in 1901 and taken up in 1920. The former railroad bed provides the source of more than 100-year old railroad spikes at times. I brought one of the railroad spikes to Dr. Moore for a paper weight. I think he liked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment