jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Post Trifusion Hickman Catheter Procedure August 13 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Saturday, August 13, 2011

Post Trifusion Hickman Catheter Procedure August 13 2011

Just in case you want to be distracted from your bone marrow biopsy post-procedure discomfort, try having a Trifusion Hickman Catheter placed! After the Trifusion Hickman Catheter was placed on August 12 2011, my left chest and neck were numb until I got home. Once home, I had a lot of discomfort in my left neck. I had been told at UCH Interventional Radiology that any discomfort from the Trifusion Hickman Catheter placement could be controlled with plain Tylenol. Well, I'm here to tell you that I wish EVERYONE in Interventional Radiology would have a Trifusion Hickman Catheter placed and try to go it afterwards on plain Tylenol~ Fortunately, I still had some Percocet left from my Bard Power Port placement and even with Percocet on board, I was uncomfortable all night long in to Saturday, August 13 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment