jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: On the road again to the University of Colorado Anschutz Cancer Center in Aurora Colorado July 6 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On the road again to the University of Colorado Anschutz Cancer Center in Aurora Colorado July 6 2011

Jani drove me to the University of Colorado Anschutz Cancer Center in Aurora Colorado early today, July 6 2011. 
I had to have my blood drawn for an infectious disease work-up as part of the medical insurance pre-approval for a stem cell transplant. Nurse Cara in the BIC Center drew a dozen tubes of my precious blood. We decided not to use my intravenous Bard Power Port (which I had pre-treated with EMLA cream) because they have to waste blood when they first draw back and they needed to take so much blood for the tubes. The peripheral blood draw from my left arm went well on the first poke. I also had to give them a urine sample.



No comments:

Post a Comment